Tuesday, March 3, 2015

D&D Young Justice: Artemis

I'm going to be open here and let you know that Artemis is my favorite. She is the tough girl, but has plenty of flaws. Mostly she is a little unwise and has that awesome dark and mysterious past. Artemis is the fifth in my series so far. I've done Aqualad, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Robin. Like Robin, she doesn't have any superpowers. The closest thing she has is a complete control of her body and amazing skill with a bow. When I think of a non-mystical weapons expert, I'm thinking Fighter.

Artemis is a Fighter then, with a Criminal background? It should probably be Charlatan, but I already have that for Miss Martian and though Artemis wasn't ever a criminal, she was raised by them and knows that textbook backwards and forwards. 

What kind of archetype then to pick at 3rd level? I'd say Battlemaster, because then all her trick
arrows just become tricks.

Was this really that easy? Are you not going to do any homebrew today Mr. Stigler?
I AM!

Because I think all her trick arrows are still actually super cool, I'm going to giver her a Clever Quiver. This is a quiver that makes the arrows you pull out of it special in some kind of way. However, it can only enchant ten arrows a day, so it isn't unlimited at all. 

Clever Quiver
Wondrous Item, Rare (requires attunement)
This green leather quiver is just big enough to hold twenty arrows or bolts comfortably. It looks simple, but ten times a day the user may add a magical effect to the arrow they pull from the quiver. A user can give the ammunition a +1 enchantment; allow the ammunition to deal cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage instead of its usual type; or make a creature succeed a DC 15 Constitution save on a hit, or be incapacitated for one round. These effects enchant the ammunition for a minute before the magic dissipates. You cannot enchant more than one piece of ammunition at a time. 

Is this overpowered? Maybe. I am away from the DMG right now, so I'll adjust it later once I can compare it to other Rare items. 

Artemis Crock
Level 1 Variant Human Fighter
Background: Criminal
Str 14 (+2), Dex 16 (+3), Con 13 (+1)
Int 12 (+1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 10 (+0)
HP 11, AC 14, HD 1d10
Saves: Str +4, Con +3
Speed: 30 feet
Languages: Common, Goblin
Proficiencies: Playing cards, thieves' tools
Skills: Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Deception +2, Perception +2, Stealth +5

Longbow +7, 1d8+3 piercing, 150/600 range
Hand Crossbow +7, 1d6+3 piercing damage, 30/120 range
Dagger +5 (+7 if thrown), 1d4+3 piercing damage 20/60 range
Longsword +4, 1d8+2 slashing, Versatile 1d10

Feat: Sharpshooter
Fighting Style: Archery
Second Wind 1/rest

Gear: Crowbar, dark common clothes, leather armor, longbow, 20 arrows, hand crossbow, longsword, two daggers, dungeoneer's pack.

Leveling Up: The great thing about being a fighter is all the feats. Grab the Martial Artist or Tavern Brawler feat for when you are weaponless, grab Resilient for Dexterity to up your saves, and then just pump your ability scores starting with Dex and Con probably. For her archetype choose Battlemaster and give her tricks like Distracting Strike, Precision Strike, Maneuvering Strike, Trip Attack, really any that aren't melee. if you want more tricks take the Martial Adept feat.

Next week I'm doing Kid Flash. I think monk would fit best as a far as showing how fast he is, and we can just call Ki the speed force. But he got his powers through science/magic. Which makes me think sorcerer. But I'm unsure. Hopefully I'll figure this out by Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment